RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Videogames and Nostalgia

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Relorean Forum Index » » Video Games View previous topic
View next topic

Videogames and Nostalgia
Kat Reverie
General

Post Videogames and Nostalgia If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote
A few months ago Koneko and I were talking about video games and we got around to talking about the games we played when little. My childhood was mainly nintendo and her's was mainly Sega. I was remembeirng that convo last night as I played pokemon fire red and wondered if anyone else got nostalgic playing games they used to play and remakes of the games.

Games I'm really nostalgic about are the original zelda and final fantasy. Even playing the remake of the latter (with it's... HORRIBLE recolours of the charras *pissy that the wite mage is a blonde now* ) I get a lil nostalgic. I'm also nostalgic about the first pokemon games and the G/S/C ones. Though not as much since it wasn't THAT long ago. Lagoon is another one and Final fantasy Mystic quest has to be THE most nostalgic. One of my first N64 games was Quest 64 (as always I got the console a few years after it came out. XD I've ALWAYS been late to the party.)
Videogames and books were the majority of my childhood *chuckles*

"i have killed many in my life."
Justin.
(Quote taken out of context)
Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Raichana
General

Post If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote
well games i get nostalgic about...
Star fox 64... the game was fun and i beat it on easy route about 72 times... and hard route 9... it's not that i couldn't get the hard route done it's that i would purposefully bump down the difficulty at the end since star wolf before Andross is a major pain since they reflect almost everything... and true andross still scares the sh*t out of me...
another game... Pokemon Crystal... i believe it was the first game you were allowed to choose to be a girl... although i may be wrong and G/S may have been the first... but i loved that game cause i nearly beat it with everything... and it makes me sad that on the newer games it's near impossible to get most of the ones introduced in G/S/C even though next to the first 150 it was my fav lineup... after that though things got annoying... i still like the games... and the only ones i haven't played are the remakes...
okay... more nostalgic games... this one i'm a little more embarrased about...
Pokemon Puzzel league... aka Tetris attack... aka panal de pon... aka... it has a lot of alternate names...
anyways i loved that game because i kicked @ss and took names on it... beating it on very very hard with little problem... and yeah... even now when i get the chance to play it i take it...

and to round off the list... Diddy kong racing... noticing a trend of nintendo (speciffically 64) titles? one of the first games i had on my brand shiny new N64 (the other one was star fox... yes i got the N64 about halfway through it's life... anywys diddy kong racing had a sort of charm i think mario kart lacks... i still love both games and there glitchy goodness... and it brings bakc good memories.

but there's no sense crying over every mistake
you just keep on trying till you run out of cake
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kat Reverie
General

Post If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote
Lol, the Snes is my nostalgia system. The only problem is I always played just five games XDD Ha ha. Megaman X was a fave. Oh gosh XD Back when Zero was a GIRL. Mystic quest final fantasy is the game that got me interested in fantasy aside from the original one if I remember... Had I played ff6 sooner then I woulda likely had some like for mechas of some sort. XD Ha ha.

Supermario world was one I played with my cousins all the time. Gosh~ XD The memories there. We would team up on it. It was grand. XD

Justin.
Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:33 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Raichana
General

SNES isnt' nostalgic for me... because it's currently plugged into my tv... so yeah... it's just always been there... althought super mario world... good times...

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kat Reverie
General

I still own my NES but that doesn't make it less nostalgic. We don't have anything hooked up at the moment DX

Justin.
Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Raichana
General

lol
what i mean is that i've always had it and i always play it so it never got to that nostalgic point... i still love it lol

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kat Reverie
General

Oh~~
XD I'm still nostalgic about games I play on aregular basis. Lol, though there was a large gap between being able to play.
Oh gosh, the first castlevania. Nostalia on wheels.

Justin.
Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Juu Yukio
Soldier

Three series: Mario, Mortal Kombat, and Zelda.

Mario was one I distinctly remember growing up with playing my cousins (When we're at my grandmothers house we usually break out one of the old games and see who can beat it the fastest). Same thing for Zelda - I still play it on a regular basis.

Mortal Kombat has to take the cake, though. When I was around 5 or 6 my dad's friend had a SEGA Genesis that he was getting rid of, so I ended up with it and around 10 games. Among those games were Mortal Kombat I and II. I couldn't stop playing them. Every time a new game comes out I get so unbelievably excited because it traces so far back. We've since gotten rid of the SEGA (I think. Or it's VERY hidden in the basement), but I have Mortal Kombat Trilogy (which is basically a combination of games 1-3 and their characters, etc), IV, and Deception. I haven't bought Deadly Alliance (though I've been meaning to), nor Armageddon (Again, been meaning to). Very few things bring up a nostalgic feeling for me like sitting down and pulling out one of the MK games and spilling blood for hours on end.

Damn, that sort of makes me sound like a fucked up child.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kat Reverie
General

XD Lololol. Only when taken out of contexted.

I remember watching esther play MK and I've really never been interested in fighting games that don't start with 'super smash brothers' or contain the words "Marvel" and "Capcom".
The latter is actually nostalgic. Our mall had a marvel versus capcom game in all versions of it's arcade. I actually kicked ass. O_o lol. Usually as the cute females like Red.

Justin.
Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stavaros-the-arcane
Soldier

I had a very lucky find at my friends house the other day. His Dad had some old computer games that he didn't want anymore and so he asked if I wanted to take them of his hands.

I gladly accepted since these games were classic gems of the early FPS era, So now I have System Shock 2, the original Quake, and Duke Nukem 3D.

I've already installed System Shock and figured out how to get it working properly on my laptop. yay!
Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:01 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Relorean Forum Index » » Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: